2018 Tournament Schedule
9 Hole Events played on Tuesdays unless noted
|5/1||Opening Day Scramble 9:00 Shotgun (arrive by 8:30), Non-perishable Food Drive. Play best ball to green, all putt. Minimum 1 drive per player. Lunch following. Please pre-register. Results
|5/8||Most Fairway Drives (On par 3s, fairway or green). Max score for tournament is 9. Results
|5/15||Low Gross/Low Net. Results
|5/22||Throw out par 5's; 3/4 handicap. Results
|5/29||Odd holes - back nine; 1/2 handicap. Results|
|6/5||Even holes if front, odd holes if back; 1/2 handicap. Results
|6/12||Low Gross/Low Net. Results
|6/19||Criers, convert worst 3 holes to par; 1/2 handicap. Results
|6/26||"Fore-ever Friends" scramble with 18 holers. Non-perishable food drive. Shotgun start at 8:30am, arrive by 8:00 am. Lunch following. Results|
|7/3||Glorious 4s, Par 4 holes only; 1/2 handicap. Results
|7/10||Par 3's and 5's only; 1/2 handicap. Results
|Wed 7/18||Keep out of Trouble. Lowest trouble points (out of bounds, hazards, 3 or more putts); 1/2 handicap Results
7/24 & 7/31
|Club Championship - DAY 1 Must play both days. Gross & Net prizes. Results
|7/31||Most Fairways and Greens Hit. Results
|8/7||Throw out first 2 and last 2 holes, count just the 5 middle holes; 1/2 handicap Results|
|Wed 8/8||Guys and Dolls scramble. Shotgun with the Geritols. Lunch following.|
|8/14||Field Shots Only - field shots, no putts. 1/2 Handicap RAINOUT
|8/21||Closest to the pins, all flights together Results|
|8/28||Pro's Trophy Results
|9/4||Putts only; 1/2 handicap Results
|9/11||Low Gross/Low Net Results|
|9/18||Beat the Pro. Your net score vs pro's gross score. Good Luck! RAINOUT
|9/25||Criers Again RAINOUT
|10/2||5 Clubs, select any 5 clubs Results
|10/9||TBD/Rainout make-up Results|
18 Hole Events played on Thursdays unless noted
|5/10||Opening Day Shamble Shotgun - Arrive 8:00, shotgun 9:00am. Lunch to follow. pre-register. Results
|5/17||Low Gross/Low Net. Results
|5/24||Criers - Substitute par for 2 worst holes - gross and net. Results
|5/31||2 ball/best ball - blind partner - low gross/low net. Results|
|6/7||"F & S" - count holes beginning with F and S, (2,4,5,6,7,14,15,16,17) - gross and net. 1/2 handicap. Results
|6/14||Low Gross/Low Net. Results
|6/21||Beat the Pro. Results
|Tue 6/26||"Fore-ever Friends" scramble with 9 holers. Non-perishable food drive. Shotgun start at 8:30am, arrive by 8:00 am. Lunch following.|
|Mutt and Jeff - 5 longest (5,7,12,14,18) 4 shortest (4,9,13,16), 1/2 handicap, gross/net. RAINOUT
|Independence Day - Flag Day - details to follow. Results
|7/12||Low gross/Low net. Results
|7/19||Best side - 1/2 handicap, low gross/low net. Results|
|Club Championship - Senior Club Championship. Must play both days. Results
|8/2||Throw out par 5's - 3/4 handicap, gross and net. Results
|Wed 8/8||Guys and Dolls - Shotgun with the Geritols. Lunch following.|
|8/9||Low Gross/Low Net. Results
|8/16||Tee to Green - do not count putts, 1/2 handicap, gross and net. Results
|8/23||Three Blind Mice - details to follow - gross and net Results
|8/30||Bakers Dozen - best 13 holes, 3/4 handicap; Gross and Net Results
|9/6||Low Gross/Low Net Results
|9/13||Pro's Trophy - low gross/low net Results|
|Wed 9/19||Five Clubs - select any 5 clubs - gross and net Results
|9/27||ONES - count holes that start with ONES (1,6,7,8,9,11,16,17,18) half handicap, gross and net Results
|10/4||Low Gross/Low Net. Results
|10/11||Arizona shuffle - details to follow. 8:30 am Shotgun. Results
The Warner Cup is named after Don Warner, the Starter at Simsbury Farms for 14 years and a dear friend to the SFWGA. With Don's recent passing, the Warner Cup will be played in his memory.
The Warner Cup is an on-going match play tournament played at full handicap. It begins May 1 (ish) and lasts most of the season until all matches have been played. Generally, you have 1 month to get your match in (i.e. round 1 played in May, round 2 played in June etc) The tournament can accomodate 32 players and the field is divided into two flights. The winner of each of the two flights play each other in the final match to determine the overall Champion who will have their named engraved on the Warner Cup Trophy.
The winner and runner - up of each flight will receive cash payouts. The cost to participate is $5, paid by May 1st. Any questions? Please contact Karen Bali.
Constitution & Bylaws
SIMSBURY FARMS WOMEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION
CONSTITUTION & BYLAW
Last revision dated 4/20/16
CONSTITUTION & BYLAW
Last revision dated 4/20/16
NAME: Shall be the Simsbury Farms Women’s Golf Association
PURPOSE: To provide golf and social programs for the members
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY: Any woman, eighteen (18) years of age or older, who makes written application in the prescribed form and satisfies the payment of specified annual dues will be considered for membership. The determining consideration for membership shall be whether the specific league (9-hole or 18-hole) is deemed to be Open or Full by the Membership Committee. Renewing members who were members of the Association in the previous year, and were not subject to expulsion, will automatically be considered members, without regard to league status upon submission of the written application and payment of annual dues.
The Membership Committee shall consist of the Executive Board and the Tournament Chair of the respective league, 9-hole or 18-hole. The Membership Committee will determine if the league is Open or Full. The Committee may consider, but is not limited to the following in making its determination: the number of renewing members, the average weekly participation by league members in the previous year, the number of league tee times available, the number of requests for GHIN membership only (non-playing member), etc. Note that residency of the applicant shall only be a factor of consideration where the league is determined to be Full or nearly full. Simsbury residents applying for new membership will be given priority consideration over other new membership applicants.
ADMISSION: Eligible persons will be admitted upon written application in such form as prescribed by the Executive Board and deposit of annual dues.
FEES: Shall consist of non-refundable dues, and if necessary, such assessments as are necessary to pay for the programs duly adopted by the Executive Board at the beginning of each golf season. No woman shall be permitted to participate in the weekly tournaments until such dues are submitted and received by the Treasurer.
EXPULSION: A member may be expelled after notice and hearing by majority vote of the Executive Board for conduct which, in its opinion, endangers the welfare, interests or character of the Association.
PARTICIPATION: Payment of dues entitles resident members to participate in the 9-hole or the 18-hole group. Refer to local tournament rules for specific eligibilities.
EXECUTIVE BOARD: The Executive Board shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer who each has been a member in good standing for a minimum of three (3) years. While efforts should be made to balance the participation between the 9-hole and 18-hole league members, it is understood that this may not always be possible. Their duties shall be to adopt policy for the management of the Association and to take all disciplinary action. The President and Treasurer shall be authorized to sign drafts of the Association. Their signatures shall be on file in the bank where the Association funds are deposited.
OFFICERS: Shall be the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
TERMS: The President and Vice President shall serve a two (2) year term of office. While it is desirable for the Secretary and Treasurer to similarly serve a two year term of office, in the absence of members who are willing to volunteer and serve in these roles, their respective terms may be extended with the concurrence of the membership.
DUTIES: The President shall preside at all meetings and subject to the Executive Board, manage the affairs of the Association. She shall be an ex-officio member of all committees. The Vice President shall assist the President and in her absence, assume the duties of the President. The Secretary shall keep a record of the meetings of the Association and of the Board. She shall conduct all correspondence of the Association. The Treasurer shall collect all fees, pay all obligations authorized by the President, keep an accurate record of all financial transactions of the Association and make such reports at such times as are required by the Executive Board. The Treasurer shall maintain a roster of the members.
ELECTIONS: The Executive Board shall appoint a nominating committee prior to the annual fall meeting. This committee shall consist of a Chairwoman who shall be the Immediate Past President and four members (two 9-hole members and two 18-hole members). The committee is encouraged to nominate the president elect from the 9 and 18 hole leagues alternately. In the event of an incomplete nominating slate, the Executive Board shall be responsible for filling the vacancy(s). The Immediate Past President shall be the President from the previous term.
The Nominating Committee shall prepare a slate of officers and chairwomen of standing committees to be communicated to the membership at least 21 days prior to the annual fall meeting. Additional nominations may be made from the floor at the time of the election, provided the consent of each candidate has been obtained before her name is brought forth.
The Treasurer shall propose an Annual Budget using the following structure:
- An escrow balance will be carried forward.
- “Income” will be the combined 9- and 18-hole membership dues. SNEWGA membership checks will be received by the Treasurer, made payable to SNEWGA, and forwarded to the club’s SNEWGA chairman to be given to SNEWGA at their annual Spring meeting.
- “Club Expenses” will be deducted, as a whole, from the “income”. Club expenses are categorized as General Expenses, Hospitality, SNEWGA, Annual Awards and any other expenses for the operation of SFWGA. The Treasurer will propose amounts for each of the Annual Awards, including but not limited to Birdies, Chip-ins, Club Championship, etc., with the same amount set for each league.
- The balance remaining will be divided, on a per member percentage basis, between the 9- and 18-hole leagues for weekly tournament prizes.
- Any balance forwarded annually, which has not been budgeted for a specific use, will be applied at the Board’s discretion.
MEETINGS: There shall be two regularly scheduled meetings; one in the spring and one in the fall. There will be an annual banquet at the end of the golf season. At such time the Annual Awards will be given, the Treasurer’s report will be given, election of officers will take place and any other business will be conducted. Other meetings shall be called by the President when required by notice to the membership ten (10) days prior to the meeting. Quorum for the holding of a meeting shall consist of at least one third of the membership present.
COMMITTEES: The standing committees of the Association may include but are not limited to Tournament, Handicap, Hospitality, Rules, Publicity, and SNEWGA. The chairwomen of these committees shall serve a two-year term and shall select her committee members.
NOTICE: Notice for membership meetings or hearings shall be communicated at least ten (10) days prior to the appointed date and contain the hour, date and place of meeting. Parliamentary procedure as outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order shall be the authority unless otherwise specified in this Constitution, Bylaws and Governing Rules.
AMENDMENTS: The Constitution and By Laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the membership voting at a regular or special meeting providing a quorum is met. Proposed changes shall be communicated to the membership thirty (30) days prior to the meeting. Email voting will be accepted in the event that a member cannot be present but must adhere to the guidelines and timeframes stipulated by the Executive Board.
Tournament & Local Rules
- Rules governing play during tournaments are issued by the Tournament Committee.
- League play must follow course rules for the day, i.e., winter or summer rules.
- All current information will be posted on the bulletin board in the ladies' locker room. The sign-up sheet is located to the left of the computer in the hall.
- All qualifying rounds and tournaments must be played with another member of the Association.
- All scorecards must be signed, attested and dated.
- In order to qualify for play in the Club Championship. a member must be in good standing in the current year and must have participated in at least 4 weekly tournaments or league sponsored events (i.e. Warner Cup)
- In stroke play, all putts must be holed out. A conceded or picked-up putt disqualifies players from the tournament. In match play, putts may be conceded.
- Post your own scores on the computer after signing the card. Give card to pro to record for tournament.
- Post your chip-ins, birdies, sandies and scores on the ringer board in the locker room. All qualifications are based on entries in this book.
- Sign up for weekly tournaments (phone or written) is limited to two people.
- Distance Measuring Devices approved for SFWGA tournaments
Local Tournament Rules
- "Winter rules" mean preferred lies. Ball in fairway only may be moved to a better location, no further that one grip length, without penalty.
- Where a tree with guy wires interferes with a lie, stance or flight of ball, the ball may be dropped within two club lengths, no nearer the hole, without penalty.
- The maximum course handicap for 18 holers is 40. The maximum course handicap for 9 holers is 27.
18-Holer Only Local Rules*
- Those with a 40 course handicap should pick up after 11 strokes, continue play on the next hole, and note the card.
9-Holer Only Local Rules*
- Please pick up after 11 shots on any one hole.
- Hole #3: Drive in water - drop ball at top of hill, far right side of fairway. Lying 3, hitting 4th shot.
- Hole #5: Ball into pond - play ball as lateral hazard (two club lengths from hazard marker, lateral to where ball went in).
- Hole #15: Drive in water - drop ball across pond. Lying 2, hitting 3rd shot.
- When using any of the options above, put an X next to that score on your scorecard.
* does not apply to club championships
To learn more about SNEWGA, visit www.snewga.org