Tournament & Local Rules
- Rules governing play during tournaments are issued by the Tournament Committee.
- League play must follow course rules for the day, i.e., winter or summer rules.
- All current information will be posted on the bulletin board in the ladies' locker room. The sign-up sheet is located to the left of the computer in the hall.
- All qualifying rounds and tournaments must be played with another member of the Association.
- All scorecards must be signed, attested and dated.
- In order to qualify for play in the Club Championship. a member must be in good standing in the current year and must have participated in at least 4 weekly tournaments or league sponsored events (i.e. Warner Cup)
- In stroke play, all putts must be holed out. A conceded or picked-up putt disqualifies players from the tournament. In match play, putts may be conceded.
- Post your own scores on the computer after signing the card. Give card to pro to record for tournament.
- Post your chip-ins, birdies, sandies and scores on the ringer board in the locker room. All qualifications are based on entries in this book.
- Sign up for weekly tournaments (phone or written) is limited to two people.
- Distance Measuring Devices approved for SFWGA tournaments
Local Tournament Rules
- "Winter rules" mean preferred lies. Ball in fairway only may be moved to a better location, no further that one grip length, without penalty.
- Where a tree with guy wires interferes with a lie, stance or flight of ball, the ball may be dropped within two club lengths, no nearer the hole, without penalty.
- The maximum course handicap for 18 holers is 40. The maximum course handicap for 9 holers is 27.
18-Holer Only Local Rules*
- Those with a 40 course handicap should pick up after 11 strokes, continue play on the next hole, and note the card.
9-Holer Only Local Rules*
- Please pick up after 11 shots on any one hole.
- Hole #3: Drive in water - drop ball at top of hill, far right side of fairway. Lying 3, hitting 4th shot.
- Hole #5: Ball into pond - play ball as lateral hazard (two club lengths from hazard marker, lateral to where ball went in).
- Hole #15: Drive in water - drop ball across pond. Lying 2, hitting 3rd shot.
- When using any of the options above, put an X next to that score on your scorecard.
* does not apply to club championships
To learn more about SNEWGA, visit www.snewga.org